Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Why the Unpredictable Weather of Dublin Ruined my Day

I've been looking forward to today since Wednesday of last week. Today is the first day I didn't have any classes because my senior year of college is OVER until my one final on May 21. My roommate and I had made plans to go into the city center of Dublin to go shopping and get sushi. This whole situation was made more glorious because yesterday I bought a pair of shoes that I had been fantasizing about for over for a month. Today's mission was to find the perfect dress to match them for a wedding I'm getting dragged to in October.

However, Dublin didn't seem to agree with my excitement because from my bed this morning I could hear the wind roaring outside my window and thought to myself, this is probably a bad start. After grabbing my iPhone, it was confirmed, without even opening my curtain. There would be no girly-bonding-shopping trip into the city today, no perfect dress found and no sushi devoured.

The weather doesn't want me to go shopping.
This is more than depressing. 
After accepting defeat, I got out of bed and looked out my window only to see tsunami like weather happening in full force. Hmm, yeah, my shopping trip wasn't going to happen today. So naturally, I grabbed my computer and what does every girl do when she first gets on her computer? Check Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, her blog and e-mail of course! After logging into my Gmail account this is what I saw:

The weather in Dublin is so shitty today, even Gmail understands my sadness.
Even my Gmail account is sympathetic. Why does the world hate me today? All I wanted to do was partake in some seriously needed retail therapy with my roommate from the US! So now, instead of finding the perfect dress to compliment my perfect shoes, I am blogging, tweeting and Facebooking about my sulky day.

The pictures below are what I can see from my window. This girl would much rather be shopping than looking at the gloomy garbage dump and listening to her Spanish roommates yell in the living room. 

The rainy view from my window.
The pathetic little tree I have outside my window
between my flat and the garbage dump.

2 comments: