Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm Living Proof: Retail Therapy Works

Today was a shitty day all around. There's no need to go into detail because my roommate and I decided to go to Tesco (yes, the same Tesco I complain about all the time) on a wine mission. For a little bit of background info on the situation read my previous blog post: My New Dislike for Tesco of Ireland  and you will understand why we don't like Tesco.

The Santry Tesco is located in a shopping mall called the Omni only a ten minute walk from our apartment. The best thing about the mall is that as soon as you walk in the door, to your left, is the store New Look. This particular store has become my favorite store since arriving in Ireland. It's kind of like H&M meets Forever21, meets Kohl's. It's kind of hard to explain but I love the store. 

Over the last month, every time we go grocery shopping I always go in there and look at all of their sale dresses and shoes. In the last month, I have fallen in love with a beautiful pair of iridescent, gold and pink, snakeskin heals. Since I was having a shitty day today I decided, screw it, I would get them even though they were priced at 30 euro (about $39.60). When I got to the check out the girl punched them in and they rang up to be only 12 euro which was only about $15.80 and VERY much worth it. For any of you that doubt the science of retail therapy I am living proof that it works, wonderfully.

My new FAVORITE pair of heels.
After leaving New Look in a way better mood, Tesco only made it better. The only good thing about the store is their discount sections at the end of some aisles. This is where they place marked down because it will expire soon. Today, I picked up two chicken Cesar wrap packages for 38 cents each and some weird fish pie thing to try--also 38 cents. I grabbed a head of broccoli and a jar of Nutella from the Spar by my apartment after class for 3 euro, which left me with a delicious meal and dessert.  

Healthy & under 1 euro. Perfect meal? I think so.
The funniest part about our trip to Tesco was our checkout process. This was the first time we'd been there since our catastrophe last week with Yvonne, who we actually saw working (much to our disappointment she was not fired), so we went to the furthest lane from her. The check out woman we had today did not ask to see an ID or refuse my roommates credit card, because it wasn't signed like Yvonne did, when she purchased her bottle of wine. Apparently, Tesco is still doing a great job at 'always enforcing their policies'. Good job, Santry store. We're so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment