Saturday, October 1, 2011

Relationships

Not that I ever really understood it before, but now that I am in a relationship that's throwing around the 'M' word, I don't understand why every guy that I meet seems to think that he--for whatever reason--can get with me. Really? For starters there are a few very OBVIOUS reasons why you can't and should know better.

Broken heart Reason A: We are friends on Facebook. This means you see the profile picture of me and my boyfriend. You see that I am in a relationship. You see that he posts on my wall that he misses me and can't wait to visit, take me to dinner, etc.

Reason B: When you drunk text me, I tell you that you're an idiot. Just because we used to hook up, that doesn't mean anything now.

Reason C: You are currently trying to get with someone else (or already have a girlfriend yourself!) So shouldn't you already know what a relationship is supposed to be about?

Oh, and I also think this is so funny. As if all the sober clues don't work, when it's made public knowledge that I've been drinking all of the guys who think they missed their chance, are entitled to having a chance or just want to jump on the bandwagon seem to think they've hit the jackpot of an opportunity. They see me on my phone, so they text or call me asking me to come over, saying I look good, etc. What they fail to notice is the person I'm talking to is my man because it's him that I'm missing and him that I wish I was hanging out with right now. Not you and your fantasies. Sorry boys. Your opportunity doesn't exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment