Saturday, May 19, 2012

How Gross Can You Get?

Many of you know about my gross living situation with two girls from Spain. I just wanted to share some additional, recent photos of their filth. I finally got them to agree to pay the 80 euro per hour cleaning charge for everything wrong with the apartment when they move out. This was a small feat but still great. Below is a picture from before and after I cleaned the microwave (the only thing my american flatmate and myself have ever used in the kitchen or living room). The microwave looked like the top picture since we moved in on day one.

The before and after of our microwave. 
When I was done cleaning the microwave, I moved it over and found this. So I thought I'd write them a few notes to remind them of their responsibilities, seeing as they cook five meals a day. I mean, really, what is this?!

Look cleaning the microwave led to? Finding more filth.
My American flatmate has been asking for over a week for the two Spanish girls to clean the oven so she can make brownies. It is full of burnt baked on food, crumbs and pieces of human hair. Obviously, the oven needed a sign too.

You can see how dirty the outside of the oven is. Just
imagine the inside. 
The two Spanish girls have moldy foods in the fridge but they also have left things in the fridge that have leaked out onto the floor in front of the fridge and around the side of it. This was the third thing that needed a friendly reminder sign. 


Here is a picture of one of the kitchen cabinets filled with spilled cooking oil and crumbs of food. I hope you girls have a bunch of cleaning products or deep pockets. The cleaning bill for the kitchen and living room is going to be pricey judging by what you think is 'clean'. 

The spilled layer of cooking oil can be seen in this picture. Good
luck cleaning that!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that
    I've truly loved surfing around your weblog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I hope you write
    once more very soon!

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... eugene wine tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. My writing as a reporter has taken over my writing for pleasure but I will try to make time to get back to it soon.

    ReplyDelete