Tuesday, March 6, 2012

High Wire Artists

I listened to a speaker today who related religion to the art of 'high wire artists' in the sense that it sometimes takes a lot of risk and literally a leap of faith to believe in God. The man himself, was a nonbeliever but the way he talked about these artists intrigued me. I had no idea about this form of 'art' or sport until today but I am finding it extremely interesting. People have been attempting and succeeding this feat all the way back to the 18th century. Some solo, others carrying people on their backs and some performing tricks as they walk across the wire. Now days, it seems the art form has evolved to include other more daring additives but is still equally as fascinating to me.






2 comments:

  1. It's so funny that I found this blog... I actually watched the documentary Man on Wire (about the guy from ur first photograph) last week. It was so amazing to see him plan out his walk between the twin towers back in the 70s. If u haven't seen it check it out!

    (ps- this is nicks cousin Raychel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Raychel!

    You should send me the link to the documentary. I'd love to watch it. These people must be such adrenaline junkies. It's amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete