Friday, February 10, 2012

No Wedding Ring...No a Surprise

Since my recent engagement in January, I seem to find myself gazing to people's left ring finger as I talk to them. Not that it makes me think more or less of them in most cases but now that I'm jointing the almost-married-world I find a little comforting common ground in knowing the person I'm talking to has also found that special to love them and that they are indeed married.

There are however, the people I meet who I talk to for five minutes, look down and see a naked finger and think, well that's no surprise. The professor that's proven to be a nightmare for me in Dublin is exactly one of those people.

This certain professor is an American. Aside from this fact, he seems to think he's better than every other American and enjoys making American students feel like shit while he talks about himself as though he is an all knowledgeable European. He also enjoys making comments about students, like myself, who he deems not intelligent enough to pass European journalism classes--because 'we as American students, lack the proper education to not fail.'

Are you kidding me? I am a senior in college. I am just shy of three months away from graduating with a BA in International Journalism and a double minor in Advertising and Multimedia with a 3.5 GPA. I've had two journalism internships and completed all of the core journalism classes at my university in the United States as well as gained entry to your 'prestigious Irish university' and you're going to tell me I'm not 'intelligent' enough to pass any 'true' journalism classes at your institution. Thank you for not only insulting me but also proving my point.

Mr. Want-to-be-European-professor, I can see exactly why you are NOT married and I'm sure every other student and woman can see it as well.

You are a pompous asshole.

my engagement ring

No comments:

Post a Comment